This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications.
We are currently recruiting for a HR Advisor to join our Newcastle Office. The HR Advisor role is to provide efficient, sound HR advice to the businesses, taking into consideration local requirements, procedures or regulations, whilst also taking responsibility for policies and procedures within the team and contributing to continuous improvement projects.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Working with the wider HR and L&D teams, based in Bristol, to support the delivery of the HR plan.
- Providing specialist employment law and employee relations support to managers.
- Contribute to and deliver training sessions to line managers.
- Monitoring, reviewing and updating all HR policies, ensuring these meet the needs of the business and are in line with the current legislation.
- Provide guidance and coaching to line managers and support them through their HR issues in accordance with HR Policies and procedures, best practice and employment legislation.
- Provide support and guidance to employees on terms and conditions of employment and HR policy and practice.
- Lead or support actions to enhance employee engagement.
- Lead or support actions to promote a diverse and values-based working environment.
- Develop, monitor and report on HR KPIs including headcount, absenteeism and labour turnover, carrying out analysis to establish patterns and key findings.
- Support the implementation of new business processes and systems.
- Identify areas for the development and opportunities for improvement with regards to the HR function and service.
- Effectively complete the leavers process, including conducting exit interviews where necessary and ensuring return of company property.
- Respond to escalated queries that are submitted to the HR mailbox.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of process improvements.
- Support exit interviews, conducting the interview where necessary.
- Assist with the professional development of the other members in the team.
- Create, use and analyse existing and new reports to develop insights into business challenges and propose potential solutions.
- Ensure knowledge of Employment Law is current, and HR Policies & Procedures are kept up to date accordingly
- Any other duties as assigned
Requirements of the role:
- Professionally credible, with the ability to establish good working relationships with a variety of people
- Excellent interpersonal skills being able to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals and groups
- Must be able to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously and manage priorities
- Ability to work accurately with good attention to detail
- Able to operate Independently and as collaboratively as part of a team
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Strong IT skills with experience of using Cascade HR being desirable
- Insight Driven
- Initiative, Drive and Flexibility
- Communicator and Influencer
- Value Focused
- CIPD qualified or working towards
- Multiple site experience is desirable but not essential.