Location - Newcastle
Employment Type - Full Time - Permanent
Salary - £23,000 - 30,000 depending on experience
Hours Per Week - 37.5
To manage a Claims Team to ensure the delivery of a high quality and cost effective service to our customers in accordance with company policy.
- Provide leadership to a team of claims staff.
- Provide Technical Guidance to direct reports.
- Drive the team to achieve targets and ultimately operational goals.
- Manage staff performance, motivate, coach and develop.
- Build levels of Technical Competence of staff.
- Actively participate in projects
- Increase productivity and ensure claims costs are managed and KPIs are enhanced and achieved.
- Recruitment of new staff and ensure teams are staffed to budget requirements and business needs.
- Deputise for Claims Controller
- Support and develop staff in their roles to maximize their contribution and potential
- Proactive management of complaints
- Other duties as may reasonably be assigned to you from time to time.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- A thorough knowledge of Claims initiatives
- Technical knowledge of Claims within the reporting area
- Knowledge of products and services.
- Understand industry and employment legislation.
- Understand industry standards and protocol.
- Market risk and business awareness.
- Proven leadership and people management skills.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Resource planning and Manage workflows
- Presenting ideas