This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications.
This is a hybrid Project Management, Programme Management and Business Analyst role within our IT team. The purpose of the role is to ensure the successful delivery of technology projects and solutions, accurate capture and evaluation of business needs, achieving objectives within timescales, budget, and scope, in collaboration with key stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Capture, interpret and map complex business user requirements using a range of analysis techniques, evaluating and refining as appropriate, and justify requirements/enhancements;
- Support production of business cases, plans and delivery of products that support and enable the realisation of business benefits.
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement to projects and methodologies where they will add value to the business;
- Ensure all projects follow required project standards and procedures, documenting the results of business analysis e.g. workflows, obtaining sign-off from clients (on the agreed current and target processes or solutions);
- Own projects from inception through to successful delivery; form the project team ensuring roles and responsibilities are clearly established, agree scope and deadlines, create and maintain the stakeholder plan, implement quality control measures;
- Follow Company project delivery process for project execution, management and reporting, and participate in project reviews and continuous improvement activities.
- Create, maintain and regularly review/share the project plan, managing deliverables with cross-functional teams to ensure successful delivery to time, cost and quality;
- Track project task updates and budgetary spend, engaging in regular dialogue with the Delivery team to ensure progress is understood and any blockers are known, and issuing project status updates;
- Manage the coordination, delegation and overall workflow of tasks, creating a well-structured and professional project environment;
- Manage change requests, determining impact, and ensuring changes to scope, time, cost, quality and escalation of risks and issues adheres to internal governance and decision-making frameworks.
- Manage and participate in the following project activities: production of functional and technical specifications; unit and integration testing; Go-Live planning and support; maintenance of project risk and issue logs; coordination with suppliers;
- Lead allocated teams, coaching, developing, empowering and performance managing them to deliver a first class service;
- Act as the liaison between the business units, technology and support teams, and ensure the communication needs of stakeholders are identified and met.
- Arrange and manage project meetings, ensuring they are effective and productive by circulating agendas and any pre-reading beforehand, and issuing follow-up actions promptly following the meeting.
- Undertake post-delivery reviews of all projects in conjunction with key stakeholders and participants, circulating any learning to support improvements in project management best practice.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list, and the role holder is expected to undertake any duties reasonably required to fulfil their role and support the business objectives.
Requirements of experience:
- Formal project management qualification, with experience of creating RFIs, RFPs, solution design documents and roadmaps;
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to effectively interpret clients’ business needs and translate them into business/operational requirements;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with demonstrable experience in delivering multiple projects simultaneously;
- Solid technical/IT understanding with the ability to suggest areas for improvement in internal processes alongside possible technological solutions;
- End to end experience of delivering a variety of projects including office set up and office move, software and service procurement and implementation, software development, business process review and reorganisation and transformation projects;
- Comprehensive experience of MS Office, MS Project 2010 or higher, Visio and unified communications platform such as Microsoft Teams;
- Previous experience of delivering IT projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Facilitates team, project and client meetings, managing stakeholder relationships and ensuring effective collaboration;
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations and project updates, tailoring content and language to the audience;
- Identifies and manages critical issues, creative and pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- A strong commercial focus, with evidence of attaining good business knowledge and partnering to deliver business objectives and ROI;
- Proactive and self-motivated, with examples of adding value as both an individual contributor and an active team member.
- Relevant professional qualifications e.g. PRINCE2;
- Experience of operating effectively in a similar environment (operational, service delivery and multi-site);
- ITIL knowledge