This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications.
Due to department expansion, a fantastic opportunity has arisen to join our Internal Audit Team located at our Bristol Head Office.
Reporting to the Group Internal Audit Manager, you will be responsible for contributing towards the completion of the Group’s Annual Internal Audit plan by delivering assigned end-to-end audits across the key areas of the business. This will include a wide range of financial, operational and regulatory reviews designed to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of internal systems, controls and processes. You will provide sound recommendations to the business to minimise risk and improve efficiency.
You will be given the opportunity to build relationships with senior stakeholders across the business, with some occasional travel to our other sites in the UK, Europe and South Africa. This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to the Insurance sector, working within a close-nit Internal Audit Team.
Planning and performing internal audits, including:
- Leading on assigned internal audit reviews including arranging and attending meetings with key stakeholders to agree the scope of audits
- Through appropriate testing, ensure material business risks are identified with mitigating solutions and controls discussed and agreed with line management
- Providing reports detailing results of audit reviews, including management responses and proposed action plans to address the issues arising
- Maintain detailed audit files to support and evidence audit findings
- Perform follow-up work ensuring that management progress actions within the agreed time scales and to escalate failure to progress actions to the Group Internal Audit Manager as appropriate
- Acting as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and achievement of standards or thresholds
- Reviewing the effectiveness of business processes whilst challenging and supporting improvements to the control environment
- Actively develop strong relationships with a wide range of stakeholders whilst gaining knowledge and insight into the issues affecting the business
- Assist in the production of departmental reporting and management information.
- Performing ad hoc projects, as needed
- There will be an element of travel with this role.
Preferred / Desired Background
- Professional Finance/Audit qualification (e.g. ACA, IIA) and/or minimum 2 years Internal Audit experience
- Experience of Financial Services laws, regulations and standards
- An understanding of Insurance Products and well-developed commercial and regulatory awareness (e.g. ICOBS, CONC, ICO)
Key skills and competencies
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work and communicate with senior management from a wide range of disciplines and levels
- A structured approach to problem solving with numerical, analytical and logical thinking and high attention to detail
- Self-motivated and organised with the ability to execute projects independently or when working as part of a team
- Ability to think independently, objectively and demonstrate sound judgement
- Enthusiastic professional, ambitious and innovative in questioning current processes and providing constructive challenge to continually improve services
- Proactive approach to understanding and keeping abreast of industry and regulatory developments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including clear and concise report writing
- Strong ethical standards and high levels of integrity