As part of the Internal Audit team you will lead assigned audit reviews producing reports to evidence your findings. You will work closely with your business area to make recommendations to bring about improvements to processes and controls. You will be involved in Supplier and partner audits, scoping out requirements with the stakeholders, auditing against SLAs and producing your results and recommendations.
- Reporting directly to the Manager, you will be involved at all stages of the Internal and Supplier Audit process.
- You will have the opportunity to work within different teams and management across the business, reviewing the effectiveness of business processes, quality standards whilst challenging and supporting improvements to the control environment.
- You will arrange and attend meetings with key stakeholders to agree the scope of audits and will deliver the audit testing whilst producing audit reports
- Actively develop strong relationships with a wide range of stakeholders whilst gaining knowledge and insight into the issues affecting the business.
- Working as an effective and trusted partner with your business management teams.
- There will be an element of travel with this role.
- Knowledge or experience of assessing risk and controls, designing audit programmes with support to reflect the operational and business environment
- Relevant international standards and quality benchmarks governing internal audit practice, including internal audit code of ethics
- A working knowledge of data analytics and data visualisation techniques
- Ability to think independently and provide constructive challenge on individual audit engagements
- Enquiring and analytical mind
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Experience working as an internal auditor within Insurance and or Financial Services is preferred together with the following qualifications although not essential.
- Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors (CIIA) Diploma in Internal Audit Practice, or equivalent which may include:
- Chartered Institute of Insurance to Diploma level
- ACA (Association of Chartered Accountants)
- Project Management: APM, APMG, PMI (at least Practitioner or equivalent)